View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Complementarity for Business/Competitive Intelligence 

Post Complementarity for Business/Competitive Intelligence
My interest is mainly the authors' theories on "Methodology of Complementarity" in relation to Intelligence. Can anyone recommend a good book on Intelligence (BI/CI) where you can view this type of methodology in application?

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:40 am

Post Re: Complementarity for Business/Competitive Intelligence
I have no good book on methodology for complementarity concerning business intelligence to recommend, but I have a good book on mixed methods, which perhaps would be a good start. The book is: “Mixed Methods Research: Exploring the Interactive Continuum”, by Ridenour & Newman. My only reservation is that Arbnor & Bjerke is far better concerning the subject. But that you know of already I suppose.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Post Re: Complementarity for Business/Competitive Intelligence
Mixed methods research is often seen as the appropriate approach to complex phenomena, such as problems of business intelligence matters. Often it’s the ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques that tempts. But I do agree with the authors Arbnor & Bjerke when they call for a complementarity in such cases. And their principle of complementarity goes far beyond such often-doubtful attempts named “mixed methods”. I think it’s important, not to see their principle of complementarity as a principle of pure combination as the cases are in most of mixed methods research. Business intelligence can bring visibility into the organization and help link different aspects together if it’s done in a proper complementary way. However, I’m sorry to say, but I haven’t any book to praise on this specific subject.

MsAnn

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]