View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Nonaka's SECI model & Social Construction in the Actor View 

Post Nonaka's SECI model & Social Construction in the Actor View
I'm not sure this is the right place for this thread!

I was intrigued to find the detail on the social constructivist view (p144 - 149) as being very similar to Nonaka's SECI Model on 'knowledge creation'. I have to admit I hadn't seen that before and it raised a question in my mind - which came first? Nonaka's model (1994-1995) or this dialectical process of subjectification, externalisation, objectification and internationalisation?

There are no references in the chapter so if anyone is aware of early articles on the development of this theory I would find that really interesting as it would form the foundation of another critique of the Nonaka model. In my mind it raises philosophical &, methodological conflicts in relation to research in the Nonaka/Von Krogh line of research.

Any comments on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
C

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Post Re: Nonaka's SECI model & Social Construction in the Actor View
I have for many years followed, with great interest, the developments and advancements of Arbnor’s development of this theory of action and actors. In the early 1970s Arbnor presented in Swedish his first version of this special kind of a social constructivist view. 1977 Arbnor and Bjerke presented their first joint book on methodology and here you can find for the first time this dialectical process of subjectification, externalization, objectification and internalization described in full (only in Swedish). (There will be some articles from 1980s in English presenting this theory, but I’m sorry to tell you that I have no references to these.)

In the second edition of the book “Methodology for Creating Business Knowledge” (1997) they present for the first time the whole theory in English (the first edition of this book was published 1994, but only in Swedish).

From the early 1970s to today you can follow this very interesting development of this social constructivist view/approach and it’s illustations by Arbnor, but it’s only for those who be the masters of both Swedish and English languages.

So, my answer is: there will be no doubt about who was first with this theory!

Pastill :!:

Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Post Re: Nonaka's SECI model & Social Construction in the Actor View
There's definitely a paper in that!!! I've been looking at 'knowledge creation' - and of course started with Nonaka's model - I have now moved to more linguistic models to arrive back now at this dialectical / dialogue view of the world. In many ways it's reinforcing my approach and consolidates what many different researchers across different fields are moving to. I would be very interested in seeing a list of references.

Thank you for your response! It's very helpful.
Conor

Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]